Location: 125 malls across the USA
Services provided: Owner-Operator Placement
Dates: 1999 – 2001
CartWorks acted as cyberXpo.com’s leasing representative to place the company’s Internet access kiosks in over 125 malls nationwide. CartWorks provided extensive consulting and execution supervision from the beginning through deployment, including:
- Establishing and implementing a strategic nationwide rollout plan;
- Developer relations management;
- Agreement negotiations with developers;
- Selecting locations within individual centers;
- Maintaining positive relationships with on-the-ground mall management after install of this new, pedestrian-centric concept.
While the cyberXpo concept was ultimately unable to compete with the rapid advancement of the Internet and wireless technologies, CartWorks was a key factor in making sure the cyberXpo rollout was well planned and executed.